Indiana’s Secretary of State’s Efforts to Educate Hoosiers about Securities and Investment Fraud
The Indiana Secretary of State, Connie Lawson, is conducting a “Movie And A Meal” tour around the State of Indiana to educate Hoosiers about securities and investment fraud. The tour features screenings of the documentary “$cammed,” which details the dramatic impact experienced by victims of three major Indiana securities fraud cases.
The presentations are free and a meal, either breakfast or lunch, is provided. You do need to RSVP in advance. RSVP by email to Katrina Ent at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 317-977- 2206. A list of the upcoming dates and locations are as follows:
- September 21, 8 – 9:30 a.m. – Brownsburg Public Library
- September 21, noon – 1:30 p.m. – The Social, Greenwood
- October 2, 8 – 9:30 a.m. – Hancock County Public Library, Greenfield
- October 2, noon – 1:30 p.m. – Richmond Innovation Center, Richmond
- October 5, 8 – 9 a.m. – Delaware County Senior Citizen Center, Muncie
- October 5, noon – 1:30 p.m. – Life Care Center, Fort Wayne
- October 12 – South Bend – times and locations coming soon!
- October 20 – Evansville – times and locations coming soon!
- October 20, noon – 1:30 p.m. – YMCA of Vincennes
Education is the first defense against securities fraud. Unscrupulous stock brokers, insurance agents, and other fraudsters, prey on the elderly and inexperienced. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is and do not risk your hard earned savings.
If you do find that you or a loved one has lost a considerable portion of your portfolio with either an investment advisor, stockbroker, or insurance agent, you very well may have been scammed. Starr Austen & Miller has represented over a thousand victims of securities fraud down through the years. The earlier an investigation is undertaken into your losses, the better your chances are to receive a recovery. If you believe you may have been defrauded, please contact one of our securities fraud lawyers at Starr Austen & Miller for a free consultation to learn your rights and to see if you have a case.
Written by Scott L. Starr
September 19, 2017