If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, you may be considering what truck accident attorney in Indiana to hire to help you with your claims. Here are some criteria to keep in mind when deciding which truck accident attorney you should choose:
- You want an attorney with lots of experience in both pretrial and trial experience, including an attorney who has handled many other trucking accident cases.
- Choose an attorney who has jury trial experience. There are special skills necessary in presenting information to a jury, plus such experience can indicate that a firm is not afraid to try cases to get the best possible result for their client, instead of settling quickly for a low ball offer.
- Large truck and bus cases involve special rules and regulations governing the trucking industry, such as the special rules from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, which are not necessarily involved in your typical auto accident, so choosing an attorney who specializes in truck accidents can be important.
- Knowledge of these special rules and regulations can also be useful to know in many different points during your case, such as when drafting the complaint, and during written discovery and depositions.
- You should choose an attorney who can gather the right evidence for you quickly, before it vanishes, for your case, to help you preserve evidence to prove your claims. This can include such things as witness statements, accident scene photography, preserving evidence the trucking company may have with a spoliation set up letter, etc.
- Further, the attorney you choose should be able to engage qualified experts in your case to help determine the causes of your accident and explain such causes in both discovery, and if needed, to a jury at trial.
- Finally, the attorney you choose should have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies, to help you get the best recovery you can under your particular circumstances and set of facts.