Construction Site Accidents
Helping clients receive compensation for construction site accidents is a major area of concentration at Starr Austen & Miller LLP.
Catastrophic injury or death often results from construction site accidents, and families are seriously damaged emotionally and physically. If the injury results in permanent disabilities, the financial and emotional damage are compounded even more.
With their loved ones sidelined by the accident, families often face some very real questions: How do we meet our basic needs? How do we pay for our medical bills? Will worker’s compensation pay, and if so, how much? What do we do now?
Construction site accidents give rise to a number of complicated situations. They involve dealing with many companies, including the company to which the victim is employed plus many subcontractors. It’s very difficult to determine who is actually responsible. Victims can’t sue their employer who might have been responsible or shared responsibility for the accident.
The best recourse is to obtain legal counsel. We’re not ambulance chasers -- appealing to families at their most vulnerable moments and promising them results. Instead, we proceed calmly and wisely, not letting emotions influence decisions.
If you are experiencing a loss due to a construction site accident, we’re here to help.
- Why are construction sites so dangerous?
- What if failing equipment caused my injury?
- What is "Fall Protection" and why is it so important?
- What damages can a victim receive in a construction accident case?
- What about worker's compensation, social security/disability and unemployment?
- Who will prove what went wrong?
- When should I talk to a lawyer about a construction accident?
- What can Starr Austen & Miller do to investigate my accident?
- Why shouldn't I face the construction company or their insurer alone?
- How do I get started?